IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH A LOT OF WALL-TO-WALL CARPETING
Upright vacuum cleaners the most popular type of vacuum cleaner in the United States.
Uprights are excellent choices for homes that feature significant wall-to-wall carpeting. In recent years, many features have been added to uprights that make them better and more versatile at cleaning hard floor surfaces as well as above-floor cleaning (i.e. drapes, stairs).
- Uprights are available with a variety of tool configurations -- from no tools to a complete set of on-board tools. On-board tools may eliminate the need to own a separate vacuum for above floor cleaning.
- Some uprights have a feature which enables you to turn off the brush roll. This is beneficial when using attachments or tools for above-floor cleaning. This feature also allows the upright to clean hardwood floors. With the brush roll turned off, dirt and debris are not scattered.
- An upright is easier to use than a canister vacuum, but is not as light.
- Uprights tend to be easier to store than canisters.
- Uprights are available in both bagged and bagless models and offer several filtration options from standard filtration to excellent filtration (electrostatic or HEPA type).