Where to Buy Face Masks in Oregon, Washington, and Online
Are cloth masks necessary and where can I buy them?
Experts are finding, based on the rise of asymptomatic spread, that some form of mask is better than none in slowing the spread of COVID-19. With the increased number of states urging, or even mandating, the use of face masks in public, this has left millions of Americans wondering where they can buy a mask. As of the writing of this post, there are seven states requiring residents to wear masks when in public – and we anticipate that trend to continue.
The use of medical grade masks is reserved for our frontline workers, but the CDC is now recommending that everyone should be wearing a mask when going out in public. However, the surge in demand and tight restrictions on supply are making these protective masks difficult to locate.
Need a Face Mask? Order Now!
Starks Face Covering
ORDERS SHIPPING IN 10-12 Days(due to high demand)
- 3 Layers: Water Resistant + Dust Filter + Sweat Filter
- Fitted Nose Guard: Prevents Glasses From Fogging.
- Antimicrobial: Keep Bacteria Off The Fabric.
- Water Resistant: #1 Recommended Material For Face Covering
- Breathable: Designed With Regular Use In Mind
BUY 4 GET 1 FREE MASK
BUY 6 GET 2 FREE MASKS (As of 5/17/20)
Free Mask(s) Added During Packing | Won’t Show In Cart
Further complicating matters is the fact that Google, Facebook, and other online search engines have restricted marketing due to scams and price gouging. This has presented challenges for legitimate retailers trying to support the needs of the community. It has also made it much more difficult for the community to find masks being offered by creative retailers who have procured a quality product for sale to the consumer market.
Stark’s Vacuums is one such retailer. They have multiple retail locations and sells 3-Layer Face Masks online. They will also be coordinating with partners to make the masks more accessible.
Stark’s Vacuums locations – Curbside service and retail store
- 107 NE Grand Ave, Portland OR 97232 Phone 503-974-3537
- 8326 SE Stark St Portland, OR 97216 Phone 503-974-3907
- 700 SE 160th #105 Vancouver, WA 98683 Phone 360-524-4564
- 240 NW Division St Gresham OR 97030 Phone 503-974-3468
- 9454 SE 82nd Ave Suite B Happy Valley, OR 97086 Phone 503-974-3858
- 62090 Dean Swift Rd Bend, OR 97701
- 12920 SW Canyon Rd Beaverton, OR 97005 Phone 503-974-3849
What should you look for when purchasing a non-medical facemask?
There three major components that make face mask effective for personal use. The most important attribute is that the mask has multiple layers. A quality mask will have at least 3 layers and is comprised of an outer layer, middle layer with filtering properties, and an inner layer for comfort.
This will provide maximum protection and comfort. The face mask should have enough coverage of the nose, mouth and go below the chin with a comfortable fit. Lastly, it is essential that you buy from a reputable retailer to avoid scams and shipping delays.
Stark’s has been on business for over 80 years and is a name you can trust!
Where else can non-medical facemasks be purchased?
- Facebook Market Place – While Facebook is restrictive in the marketing of facemasks, many users have successfully found quality facemask for purchase online. There are many people selling homemade masks on Facebook Marketplace, so do your research and as the right questions to ensure you are getting a quality facemask.
- Etsy – Many homemade cloth mask options available from the crafting community at Etsy. Again, just make sure you ask the right questions and research the product before you buy. Check out customer reviews as well.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives