Starks Vacuums Pet Hair Removal Guide for 2020
Pets are great. They provide you with companionship, love, and loyalty. What’s not so great? Seeing their hair on your upholstery, carpets, and floating along your hardwood floors, and removing pet hair can be quite a challenge. Even some of the most powerful vacuums don’t seem to handle the job. Fortunately, there are dozens of vacuums on the market, from entry-level to high-end specifically designed to pick up even the most stubborn pet hair.
Different Types of Vacuums for Pet Hair
There are several different types of vacuums for pet hair including upright vacuums, stick vacuums, and canister vacuums. Canister vacuums offer more flexibility and can easily maneuver under couches and tables, and get closer to edges, while upright vacuums may be easier to store and more convenient to use on carpet. There are also great stick vacuums that effectively pick up pet hair like the Dyson V11 Animal.
You’ll also want to consider if you want a pet hair vacuum with a bag or one that is bagless. Vacuums with bags store the dirt and dust in bags. When the bag gets full, you’ll have to purchase a new one and replace it. Bagless vacuums on-the-other-hand don’t require a bag. You simply detach the canister and empty the contents into the trash, each has advantages and disadvantages.
What is the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair?
Normal vacuums aren’t designed to properly deal with pet hair the way specialty pet hair vacuums are. The best vacuums for pet hair have:
- Stronger Suction: A vacuum with low suction power will only remove dust on the surface. It won’t remove hair and dirt that’s stuck or woven into your carpet or upholstery. So look at the vacuum’s wattage, amps, and horsepower. The Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright vacuum boasts 1,200 watts. It is also extremely quiet. So if you have pets that are skittish when it comes to loud sounds, this might be something to consider.
- Air Filters: Many vacuum cleaners on the market today have HEPA filters. These filters can drastically reduce the number of allergens and dander in the air which is especially important if you or someone you live with suffers from pet allergies. Most filters either have to be replaced regularly or can be washed. Dyson vacuums come with a non-washable lifetime filter, while Hoover and Shark come with washable filters. Miele’s Complete C3 Cat & Dog Vacuum is ideal for pet owners who suffer from asthma or allergies. This high-end vacuum comes with an odor-neutralizing HEPA filter with activated charcoal which not only helps trap tiny particles but also helps eliminate pet odor. It also has a self-sealing bag to keep debris out and includes accessories like a crevice nozzle, dusting brush, and upholstery tool.
- Tangle-Free Brush Rolls: Pet hair strands can easily get twisted around your vacuum’s brush. This can lead to a blockage or reduce the vacuum’s suction power. This is where having a vacuum with a tangle-free tool is important. The Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean includes a tangle-free turbine tool and high suction power. It’s engineered for all floors including wood, vinyl, and tile.
- Pet Hair Vacuum Attachments: Some of the best vacuums for pet hair either come with a selection of pet hair tools or attachments. These tools can be extension wands, floor nozzles, disinfection tools or even grooming kits which are particularly helpful when grooming your pet. The Shark Rocket Tru Pet is an ultra-lightweight upright vacuum that converts to a handheld vacuum. This mid-level vacuum includes a nozzle and Pet Multi-Tool for capturing embedded hair on all surfaces.
Other Factors to Consider
Now that you know what to look for in a pet hair vacuum, there are some personal features you’ll want to consider. Like the size of your space, the type of flooring you have, and what else you’ll be vacuuming like furniture or drapes. You’ll also want to consider how much storage space you have. If you have relatively small storage space you may want a handheld vacuum or stick vacuum.
Choosing the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
Cleaning up pet hair can seem like a never-ending job, especially if you have a pet with long hair or one that sheds a lot. There are several types of pet hair vacuums that make cleaning up pet hair easier and it can be overwhelming when deciding which one to choose. At Stark’s Vacuums, we carry the largest selection of brands and styles from entry-level to top-quality including Miele, Shark, Dyson, and Bissell. If you have any questions or would like to explore one of our pet hair vacuums contact us or come on in. Our knowledgeable staff will answer all your questions and help you find the right vacuum for your space and your budget. We also provide in-store product demos! When you purchase from Stark’s Vacuums you’ll also receive free nationwide shipping on orders over $49, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and a 1-year satisfaction guarantee.
At Stark’s Vacuums, we also provide service plans. So when your vacuum needs repairs or service, we will help. We are the factory authorized warranty repair center for most major vacuum brands. Our trained mechanics can fix any make or model.
STARK”S PET HAIR VACUUM PICKS
Miele C3 Complete Cat & Dog
- High Suction Power – 1200 Watts
- Active AirCleaner Technology
- Neutralizes Pet Odors as you vacuum
- Hand Held Mini Turbo Brush
Riccar R40P with Pet Tool
- Tandem Air for Max Cleaning
- Charcoal Odor Reduction Technology
- Class S HEPA Air Filtration
- On-Board Pet Hair Tool
Best for Allergies
Sebo X4 Boost
- Hospital Grade Class S Hepa Filter
- Boost Feature for Deep Cleaning
- Low Profile to Reach Under Furniture
- Brushroll Shutoff Sensor
- Lifetime Belt to Reduce Maintanance Cost
- Powerful 2-Speed Motor
- Disposable Inner Bag
- Brushroll Auto Shutoff Sensor
THE BEST VACUUMS FOR PET HAIR AND PET DANDER
Pet owners have special requirements when it comes to vacuums, and Stark’s know just how important it is to find the right vacuum cleaner for your home! Pet vacuum cleaners are specially designed to clean dog or cat hair and pet dander. These vacuums are excellent choices for homes that need to maintain clean carpets and floors. In recent years, many features have been added to vacuums meant for pets that make them better and more versatile at cleaning hard floor surfaces, as well as cleaning above-floor cleaning (i.e. drapes, stairs). If you have had a hard time cleaning cat or dog hair, or are concerned about cat or dog dander, it’s time to look at a pet-specific vacuum!
Pet Vacuum Accessories
Vacuums meant for pets are available with a variety of tool configurations, and we’ll help you determine exactly which accessories and add-ons would be most helpful to you. Many vacuums have special power-brushes available, to strengthen performance when picking up hair. On-board tools may also eliminate the need to own a separate vacuum for cleaning household fixtures, like curtains, upholstery, and stairs.
Some vacuums for pets have a feature which enables you to turn off the brush roll. This is especially beneficial while using attachments or tools for above-floor cleaning. This feature also allows the vacuum to clean hardwood floors. With the brush roll turned off, dirt and debris are not scattered.
Benefits and Features of Pet Vacuums
- Some pet vacuums are specially designed to minimize hair clumping within the brush.
- Vacuums intended for pets generally have stronger suction.
- Pet vacuums are available in both bagged and bagless models.
- They offer several filtration options, from standard filtration to excellent filtration (electrostatic or HEPA type). Filtration is an important part of keeping dog or cat dander out of the household environment.
Professional Pet Vacuum Consultants
Choosing a vacuum can be overwhelming, especially if you’re looking for a vacuum to serve your family and pets for many years! Let Stark’s take the stress out of vacuuming!
When you come into Stark’s to choose a vacuum, we’ll walk you through any and every feature you want to explore. By determining your household needs and vacuum desires, we can find the perfect model for you. Because we carry a range of accessories, we can upgrade your vacuum far beyond the basic model, outfitting your new appliance with features you may not even know were possible! Come into Stark’s today, and try out your new pet-friendly vacuum!