The Best Multipurpose Vacuums for Carpet
Stark’s Vacuums in Portland OR – Vancouver WA – Bend OR
Carpet floors are a great addition to any home. Carpeting is plush and comfortable, and a lot of people choose carpeting for its low-maintenance compared to hardwood floors. But if you want a clean house, carpet requires vacuuming at least once a week to maintain its benefits and cleanliness. Vacuuming once a day is recommended for high-traffic areas. With all of this vacuuming, you deserve a carpet vacuum that’s easy to use, not too heavy, and meant to last!
Vacuums for Carpets and Mixed Flooring
Can any vacuum handle carpets? Most basic vacuums can clean carpets, but an average model might also wear out faster, depending on the brush type and motor size. In order to get the deep clean that carpets require, you need a sturdy vacuum with great performance on carpets. Most cheap vacuums don’t have the suction or motor power to efficiently vacuum carpeting, and you’ll most likely end up replacing a lower-end vacuum much faster than one designed for carpeted floors. Here are our recommendations for cleaning carpets:
- Use a vacuum with adjustable heights: If you have a mix of flooring types in your house, you’re going to need a vacuum that can adjust across height and material. Some of our vacuum models do this automatically!
- If you don’t adjust the height of the brushes for different flooring types, you risk wearing out the brush faster, and potentially damaging any hard floor surfaces.
- Use a vacuum with superior suction: If you want to lift dirt completely out of your carpets, you’re going to need strong suction.
- Use a vacuum with a quality motor: While vacuums with a lighter motor might be ok on hardwood floors, if you have wall-to-wall carpeting, you’re going to need a stronger motor.
- Use a vacuum made for pets and allergies: Even if you don’t have pets or allergies, these vacuums tend to be heavy-duty and made to remove as much dirt as possible. With HEPA filter carpet vacuums, you’ll get the dirt or pet hair completely out of your carpet.
- For superior clean, choose central vacuuming: If you have extensive carpeting in your house, vacuuming is going to require more effort. Stop lugging a heavy unit around, and start using a central vac! By installing central vacuuming, you can use special heads and brushes to clean your carpeting on floors, stairs, and curtains.
Professional Consultations for Carpet Vacuum Cleaners
If you’re concerned about the cleanliness of the carpets in your house, you need a vacuum that can handle the job. When you come into Stark’s to choose a vacuum, we’ll walk you through any and every feature you want to explore. By determining your household needs and vacuum desires, we can find the perfect model for you. Because we carry a range of accessories, we can upgrade your vacuum far beyond the basic model, outfitting your new appliance with features you may not even know were possible! Let Stark’s take the stress out of vacuuming. Come into Stark’s today, and try out your new carpet vacuum!