The Best Vacuums for Thick Shag Carpet
Stark’s Vacuums in Portland OR – Vancouver WA – Bend OR
Shag carpets, also known as “high-pile” or “frieze” carpets, is a wonderful addition to any home. Shag carpeting is plush, extra-comfortable, and can hide dirt and footprints better than basic carpeting, due to its long fibers and “floppy” texture. But if you want a clean house, you can’t just hide the dirt, and shag carpet requires vacuuming at least every two weeks to maintain its benefits and cleanliness.
Specialized Vacuums for Frieze Carpets
Can any vacuum handle shag carpets? Absolutely not! In order to get the deep clean that high-pile carpets require, you need a sturdy vacuum with great performance on carpets. Most cheap vacuums don’t have the suction or motor power to vacuum shag carpeting, and you’ll most likely end up clogging or burning out your vacuum motor. Here are our recommendations for cleaning shag carpets:
- Use a vacuum with adjustable heights: If you have a mix of flooring types in your house, you’re going to need a vacuum that can adjust across height and material. Some of our vacuum models do this automatically!
- Use a vacuum with superior suction: It may not be a big deal on hardwood floors, but if you want to lift dirt completely out of your high-pile carpeting, you’re going to need strong suction.
- Use a vacuum with a quality motor: While vacuums with a lighter motor might be ok on hardwood floors, if you have wall-to-wall shag carpeting, you’re going to need a stronger motor.
- Use a vacuum made for pets and allergies: Even if you don’t have pets or allergies, these vacuums tend to be heavy-duty and made to remove as much dirt as possible. Plus, with HEPA filters, you’ll know for sure that the dirt is out of your carpet, and not re-circulating through your house!
- For superior clean, choose central vacuuming: If you have extensive carpeting in your house, vacuuming is going to be more intense. Take the effort out of vacuuming, and stop lugging a heavy unit around. By installing central vacuuming, you can use special heads and brushes to clean your shag carpeting.
Professional Consultations for Shag Carpet Vacuum Cleaners
If you’re concerned about the cleanliness of the shag carpets in your house, you need a vacuum that can handle the job. When you come into Stark’s to choose a vacuum, we’ll walk you through any and every feature you want to explore. By determining your household needs and vacuum desires, we can find the perfect model for you. Because we carry a range of accessories, we can upgrade your vacuum far beyond the basic model, outfitting your new appliance with features you may not even know were possible! Let Stark’s take the stress out of vacuuming. Come into Stark’s today, and try out your new shag carpet vacuum!